Reduce Allergens in Your Home
Common allergens “hiding” in the home environment include:
- Dust mites: Microscopic arachnids found anywhere there is dust. Just one gram of dust can contain anywhere from 100 to 500 dust mites
- Pet Dander: Dander is small scales of skin that animals shed.
- Mold Spores: Microscopic fungal “seeds” that thrive in damp areas of the home, such as the basement, kitchen and bathroom. Carpet and upholstery dust harbors millions of fungal spores
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches are common, unseen houseguests throughout America. Their body parts and droppings are highly allergenic.
- Pollen: Microscopic reproductive components of flowering plants and trees. They enter the home from outdoors and are a common component of house dust.
Where Do They Come From?
Allergens are constantly tracked into the home from outdoors. Some are present in the home because of pets while others, such as mold, grow in damp areas. Research has shown that carpets in indoor environments act as a collector for these allergens. When carpets are not professionally cleaned regularly, these particles can become airborne.
Keeping your home healthy, clean, and safe are the most important things for any family. We offer a safe, allergy and chemical-free way to clean your carpets and to protect your family.
There are a lot of tiny little reasons to clean your carpet the Chem-Dry way… dust mites, allergens, and germs… it’s enough to keep you up nights! Here are some helpful hints from our family to yours for maintaining a Healthy Home:
Breathe Easier With Clean Carpets
That Dry in 1-2 Hours!
The Environmental Protection Agency recently announced a recommendation that carpeting be cleaned every six months to improve indoor air quality. A 10-year study concluded that indoor carpeting holds a similar level of mold spores and bacteria as do hard surfaces. However, this research also proved that the air above carpet contains fewer allergens then the air above hard surfaces. While hard flooring allows these contaminants to be re-circulated into the breathing zone, carpeting actually traps them and holds them like a filter.
This filter needs to be emptied frequently to insure proper function. This requires a deep cleaning which flushes contaminants while drying as rapidly as possible and does not use cleaners which can leave a residue which can serve as a food source. Mold and mildew which feast on these residues can form after just 4 hours on damp carpets. After 24 hours, molds, yeast, and soil bacteria are potentially producing odors and airborne allergens and toxic microorganisms.
Properly maintaining your carpets promotes a healthier indoor environment
Regular profession carpet cleanings with our process using The Natural® will not only improve the appearance of your carpet, but also your indoor air quality. Furthermore, the application of our sanitizers and deodorizers can also combat the food, bacteria, odors, fur, hair, and other pollutants that kids, pets, and everyday living introduce into your carpet and your home. Your home can be cleaner, healthier, and pleasant-smelling as well.
You’ll not only enjoy clean, dry carpets, but you’ll also have the benefit of a healthier home. Plus, we offer professional deodorizers to help freshen your indoor environment between regularly scheduled cleanings!
Here’s an interesting educational video
Developed for healthcare practitioners, this video help update them on the mounting evidence that shows a strong correlation with hard flooring and an INCREASE in Allergy related symptoms.
Additional Healthy Home Tips
The best way to reduce allergic reactions to dust, mold, and other indoor allergens is to reduce your exposure to them. Here are some tips for maintaining a healthy home environment…
- Control moisture and humidity (60% or lower) y using a dehumidifier or air conditioner.
- Wash bed linens and coverings weekly in hot (130°) water.
- Have your carpets and upholstery cleaned at least twice a year by us, or more often if you have children or pets.
- Vacuum carpets, floors and upholstery three times a week using a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA (high-efficiency particulate) filter. Ask us for vacuum cleaner recommendations.
- Have your heating and air conditioning system inspected and serviced twice a year, and use and replace high-efficiency filters monthly.
- Sweep entrance mats regularly to reduce the amount of dust and soil tracked inside.
- Have mattresses and box springs professionally cleaned, then encase in allergen impermeable covers. (Ask us about mattress extraction services.)
Further Information & Resources
Feel free to contact us. We have free reports, information and services that can really help alleviate your allergies.
- With an ever growing numbers of people with allergies, asthma symptoms and breathing problems the CRI have compiled lots of the latest studies from around the world on allergies and indoor air quality issues that you can access by Clicking Here
- Proper Air Purification Can Make The Difference
According to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) studies, “on average, the air inside your home is up to 5 times more polluted than outdoor air” – and it’s because indoor air gets trapped. Individuals sensitized to airborne allergens such as pollen, mold spores, cat or dog dander and house dust mite excrements can reduce their indoor exposure to these allergens by use of a high-efficiency air purification. The best we’ve found is IQAir. They offer specific room air purifiers and whole-house air purifiers that provide ultra-high efficiency removal of allergens and other irritants.We have secured special discounts on their entire IQAir product line exclusively for our clients. Simply go to www.insideair.ca and mention PROMO CODE 2311 to make sure you receive these savings.